Important Notice Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Bluefire Insurance
, the health and safety of our customers and employees is foremost in our minds. In support of that goal, we are constantly implementing new measures to ensure your health and safety at all of our locations. Bluefire
will continue to remain open and available to serve you. During this time of concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are going above and beyond all our normal procedures to keep you healthy, happy and safe. Proactively, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Our teams are monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations and guidance. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our customers.
- All non-essential business travel will be conducted telephonically or via the web. Anyone returning from a trip (including personal travel) from high-risk and impacted areas as defined by the CDC must stay away from office premises for a 14-day observation period as a precautionary measure.
- More rigorous housekeeping practices at our retail offices have been implemented to include more frequent cleaning of shared surfaces, door handles, customer sign-in areas and equipment.
- Anyone who experiences signs of illness are being asked to stay at home and consult their primary care physician, regardless of what illness it is prior to coming into the offices.
- We at Bluefire are known to greet our customers with a smile and handshake and we pride ourselves with that tradition. During this time, we will be mindful that our customers might not feel comfortable with that tradition so we will continue to greet you with a smile but might hold off on our signature handshake.
Steps you can take:
- We continue to remind our employees to use best hygiene practices to include more frequent washing of the hands and have hand sanitizers when it is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit our website for any changes to hours of operation to our retail offices. As of today, all retail offices are open and operating under normal operating hours
Q/ Where can I find up-to-date information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
A/ Up-to-date information is available online from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). Please visit their sites for the latest information.
Q/ Which countries are currently classified as high-risk and impacted areas?
A/ According to the CDC, high-risk countries that have a Level 3 travel health notice with widespread, ongoing transmission are: China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran. Other impacted areas include: Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
Q/ What symptoms are associated with the Coronavirus?
A/ The Coronavirus usually causes mild to moderate respiratory tract illness, and those affected exhibit cold-like symptoms. However, in some cases, the virus can also cause severe respiratory infections and lead to pneumonia. Deaths caused by the virus so far have occurred mainly in people who had previously suffered from severe underlying diseases.
Q/ How can I protect myself from infection?
A/ Internationally recognized medical institutes suggest good hand hygiene, coughing and sneezing etiquette, and maintaining distance from those who are sick.